The Hippo and I are still here, but there were plans in the works that required serious attention. (Pause for dramatic effect) End result? We just bought and moved onto our own farm.
Yes, you read that correctly. We bought a farm for the horse that was SUPPOSED to have been a resale project. Well played, big mare, well played indeed.
This, of course, expands the cast of characters and also the potential for mayhem. So, let me introduce:
- Aaron, my infinitely patient husband, farm caretaker and baker. Animals love him but don't respect him, there's a LOT of animals...
- Elliot, the English Cocker Spaniel aka 'The Tiny Tyrant'. He tries to loudly rule the world but really only rules Eddie and annoys the cat.
- Eddie, the English Setter aka 'The Spotted Dork'. He's an adolescent whirlwind of fur, hugs, chewing and enthusiasm; when he's not sound asleep on his back.
- Klein, the ancient cat aka 'Mr Peepers', who REALLY wishes the Tiny Tyrant would stop with the flying tackle pounces
- Jasper, Essie's companion, aka 'The Ghetto Unicorn' Mashing burrs into his mane and forelock isn't just a game, its a calling. He won't stop until he has a giant burr-filled dread lock that stands up on its own in a strong wind.
And now? I need a truck, a trailer, and a farm name
Aaron? He needs a ride on mower, and soon