Friday 24 July 2015

Stone Age Inspiration from the T-Rex Eventer

I have a few heroes in equestrian sport.  It should come as no surprise that they are even closer being to fossils than I am.

Meet ... George Morris, now in his mid 70's.  Since I did start off in the hunter/jumper world, back when the world was new and the continents where still one, George was one of the first greats to shape my perspectives on riding with deeply inspirational and motivating words.  Words like:


See?  Clear, memorable language 


More than once I got back on THEN went to the hospital. Now I lie there for a minute and consider my chosen 'hobby' ... 


Ok, he didn't say this one but it was US Show Jumping team life for eons!


Meet ... Denny Emerson, now in his early 70's. (Anyone see a pattern?) I was only introduced to his writing and ways a few years ago but still deeply influential on how I train.  He writes, rides 5+ hours/daily most days, broke his neck a few years ago in a riding accident and came back to riding after 6 months in a halo.  He's still riding, competing and developing green horses. 

(I've written him to blame him for my return to riding and the aquisition of the hippo.  He replied "Happy to be a bad influence")


Keep your f$%%^& head up, you sloucher!!
Posted by Tamarack Hill Farm on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Rosie "before".
Posted by Tamarack Hill Farm on Friday, June 12, 2015

Rosie "after".
Posted by Tamarack Hill Farm on Friday, June 12, 2015



Oh, and is incredibly active on facebook.  If you aren't following him, DO IT.  Its a daily kick in the ass.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment